Advanced Education Program In Teaching English To Speakers Of Other Languages (TESOL)
The express development of study abroad and international education programs has driven professionals with advanced education management training. There are numerous advanced master or doctoral degrees and college-accredited programs that concentrate on Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), including institutes like UCLA, Middlebury Institute, University of San Francisco, and more.
These programs are ideal for:
- Individuals who are interested in teaching English abroad
- Individuals who want to pursue a career as an English teacher in their origin countries
- TESOL teachers who want to evolve their English teaching modus operandi and tactics
What Will You Acquire from the TESOL Program:
- Earn some teaching methods for listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills to non-English speakers
- Get to know about the structure of the English language (phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, and discourse)
- Comprehend the foundation of linguistics such as language variation, cross-linguistic differences, the impact of linguistic principles on ESL learners, the advancement of a first and second language, and the advancement of bilingualism or multilingualism
- Obtain knowledge of technologies, approaches, and teaching strategies as well as education for students with different developmental stages
- Being an expert user of educational research
- Learn about how to design, apply and evaluate K-12, post-secondary, community programs that concentrated on multicultural language or literacy education in English
- Understand the summary of lesson schemes, writing objectives, teaching techniques, selection of classroom substances, and evaluation design for English learners at all stages
What Is the Trajectory of The Education Career for Advanced Degree in TESOL?
- Own the Certificate of TESOL and Teaching Credential
- Join programs that provide graduates to take on leadership roles in informal public or private schools
- Understand the influence of sociocultural, linguistic, and community practice in the international school or multicultural and multilingual community
- Familiar with design, apply and evaluate K-12, post-secondary, community programs that concentrated on multicultural language or literacy education in English
- Comprehend the summary of lesson schemes, writing objectives, teaching techniques, selection of classroom substances, and evaluation design for English learners at all stages
The disadvantage of these certified university-level programs is that it is not affordable. It usually costs above $3,000 for the short-term program, and the fee is more expensive for the Master’s Degree.
Programs for TESOL Graduates:
Please check out our article about Tip for Choosing a TESOL Master’s Program
Middlebury Institute of International Studies
- Master of Arts in International Studies
- Master of Arts in TESOL and Master of Arts in Teaching Foreign Language
University of San Francisco
The University of San Francisco School of Education supplies credential and graduate programs as well. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make an individual appointment with a School of Education advisor.
- Teaching Master’s Program with Credential-Concentration in TESOL
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Master’s Program